Restorative dentistry is the branch of dentistry that deals with the repair of damaged teeth. It can be used to correct a wide variety of dental problems, including tooth decay, tooth wear, cracked or broken teeth, misshapen teeth, and gaps between teeth. Restorative dentistry can also be used to improve the function and appearance of your teeth.
There are many different types of restorative dental procedures available, and your dentist will work with you to determine the best treatment plan for your individual needs. common restorative dental procedures include fillings, crowns, bridges, implants, and veneers. Each type of procedure has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to discuss all of your options with your dentist before making a decision.
What are the different types of Restorative Dentistry?
There are many different types of Restorative Dentistry procedures that can help to bring back your smile. Some of the most common procedures include:
1. Dental Implants: Dental implants are a permanent solution for missing teeth. They are titanium posts that are surgically placed into the jawbone and act as a artificial tooth root. Once in place, a dental crown is then placed on top of the implant to give you a natural-looking tooth.
2. Dental Bridges: A dental bridge is used to replace one or more missing teeth. It is made up of two dental crowns that are placed on each end of the gap, with artificial teeth (known as pontics) in between. The pontics can be made from materials such as porcelain or gold.
3. Dentures: Dentures are removable appliances that can be used to replace all of the teeth in one or both jaws. They are usually made from acrylic or porcelain and rest on the gums. Implant-supported dentures are also available, which use implants to provide extra support and stability.
4. Root Canal Therapy: This procedure is used to save a tooth that has become infected or damaged. It involves removing the infected tissue and cleaning the inside of the tooth before sealing it off with a filling material.
5. Crowns: A crown is a covering that fits over an existing tooth, restoring its original shape and size. Crowns are usually made from porcelain, gold or other materials and are bonded to the existing tooth structure.
What are the benefits of Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry is a branch of dentistry that focuses on the repair and replacement of teeth that have been damaged by decay, trauma, or disease. The goal of restorative dentistry is to restore the function and appearance of the teeth so that they look and feel natural.
There are many benefits of restorative dentistry, including:
– improved oral health
– improved self-esteem and confidence
– restored ability to eat and speak properly
– improved appearance of the smile
– protection of remaining healthy teeth
– prevention of further damage to teeth
– cost savings in the long term by avoiding more extensive treatments down the road
Who is a good candidate for Restorative Dentistry?
If you have lost one or more teeth, restorative dentistry can help to bring your smile back. There are many different types of restorative dental treatments available, and your dentist will work with you to determine the best option for you based on the number of teeth you have lost, the health of your remaining teeth, and your overall oral health. In general, though, anyone who has lost one or more teeth may be a good candidate for restorative dentistry.
How much does Restorative Dentistry cost?
The cost of restorative dentistry varies depending on the procedure(s) being performed. For example, a simple filling may cost around $150 while a more complex procedure like a crown could cost upwards of $1,000. In general, the cost of restorative dentistry is largely dependent on the severity of the damage and how many procedures are needed to restore your smile. However, there are many financing options available to help make restorative dentistry more affordable.
It is important to discuss payment options with your dentist before undergoing any dental treatment.
Restorative Dentistry in Houston
If you’re looking for restorative dentistry in Houston, look no further than Naba Dental. Dr. Rubab Mirza has years of experience in restoring smiles and is dedicated to providing the best possible care for her patients.
Whether you need a simple filling or a more complex procedure like a dental implant, Dr. Rubab will work with you to develop a treatment plan that meets your needs and goals. She takes a personal interest in each of her patients and strives to provide the highest quality of care possible.
If you’re ready to restore your smile, contact Naba Dental today to schedule a consultation.