Picking a dentist is hard enough but when it comes to making the decision about when to see a dentist or an orthodontist, it can get confusing. The good news is, there is really no need to decide which is better dentist or orthodontist. It really does depend on your needs.
When a doctor studies orthodontics, they first become a dentist like Dr. Rubab Mirza of Naba Dental. Then they study orthodontics, defined as the treatment of irregularities in the teeth and jaws, including the use of braces.
Here are some important things to keep in mind when deciding which is better dentist or orthodontist for you. If you have what you consider to be normal teeth and a normal bite when you are chewing your food, and your major needs are regular cleanings and occasional fillings, you will be fine with Dr. Mirza or your traditional family dentist practicing pediatric dentistry.
In most cases, your family dentist like Dr. Mirza, who practices pediatric dentistry, will be the first to tell you if you or your child needs to see an orthodontist. If they do, there is no need to panic. An orthodontist is a dentist, too, but one that can make a major improvement in the structure and placement of your jaw and teeth. Chances are, if you need to see an orthodontist, you will feel better when you do.
Better Dentist Dr. Mirza has a decade in Houston family dentistry and pediatric dentistry.
Orthodontists go through the same licensing and have much of the same training in the broad medical specialty as a dentist. The main difference is an orthodontist also goes through special training to learn how to straighten teeth. Dr. Mirza received her degree from the University of Southern California where she graduated with a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 2004.
Dr. Mirza has been practicing dentistry in Houston for more than 10 years, and is well-loved by her patients of all ages who come from around the city to her central convenient location in the Galleria area. Her reputation is stellar as you can see by her online Yelp rating.
Better Dentist Ranked Among Top Tanglewood, Memorial and Galleria Area General Pediatric Dentists
Dr. Mirza favors the practice of conservative dentistry, emphasizing the aspects of protecting teeth and mouth with a focus on restoring the appearance and function. She is a certified member of the American Dental Association (ADA), the Texas Dental Association(TDA), and the Greater Houston Dental Society (GHDS). In her spare time, she continually devotes herself to expanding her knowledge and pursuing added education in the field of dentistry.
When choosing a better dentist, like a better orthodontist, look for better online reviews.
- When searching for a dental professional, whatever the specialty or need, look for a trained professional and verify what you read in the dental reviews. A better dentist will have better reviews, as you will see with Naba Dental’s Google reviews.
- Ask for recommendations from friends and family, or ask your current dentist if you are moving to Houston.
- When you have four recommendations, Google them. You are not only looking for dentists close to you but ones that have an established practices and positive reviews.
- Read the reviews carefully. Ensure that they are legitimate. Find ones that relay personal stories or give details that are similar to your needs.
Call or visit the office in person and ask questions. Chances are, you won’t learn all you need to know from your online search.
Take a close look at your own situation. If you or your child have crooked or crowded teeth, a misaligned jaw, or a bad bite, you may be a candidate for orthodontic treatments. If you are unsure, see a dentist and ask for an opinion.
A better dentist will not mind seeing you for a referral and these options are always open for discussion at Naba Dental where modern technologies are improving choices every day.
Here are some questions you might ask when you call an orthodontist:
There are many important questions you should ask a dentist before visiting. We have answered some of these online for you here on the Sky Ortho website. Just follow our links below. You may call our office for added information or stop by to discuss
- Where was the dentist educated and trained?
- How long has the dentist been in practice?
- What are some common procedures used? What are the typical costs for these common procedures?
- What types of anesthesia are available?
- What are the office hours? What is the dentist’s office policy on missed appointments? Check out added information about Naba Dental here or make an appointment online.
- Does the dentist take part in your dental health plan? What are the financial options?
We want to make your first visit to the orthodontist as easy as possible. At Naba Dental, we try to make a visit to Dr. Mirza’s office feel as comfortable as possible. You are welcome to stop by for a visit and meet the Naba team! Or click here to make an appointment now.